1) What is the company’s predetermined overhead rate?
2) How much manufacutirng overhead was applied to Job P and Job Q?
3) What is the direct labor hourly wage rate?
4) If Job P includes 25 units, what is its unit product cost?
5) What is the total amount of manufacturing cost assigned to Job Q as of the end of March (including applied overhead)?
6) What is the amount of underapplied or overapplied overhead?
7) Will your answer to part 6 above increase or decrease unadjusted cost of goods sold?
8) If Sweeten Company requistioned $31,700 from raw materials inventory during March, then how much indirect materials cost would be included in Manufacturing Overhead Incurred?
9) If Sweeten Company’s labor time tickets totaled $66,100 for the month of March, then how much indirect labor cost would be included in Manufacturing Overhead Incurred?
10) Calculate the cost of goods sold using the direct method.
11) Calculate the cost of goods manufactured using the indirect method.
12) Calculate the cost of goods sold using the indirect method.
13) How would you revise your answer to part 11 if the company had beginning work in process inventory of $9,400?
14) How would you revise your answer to part 12 if the company had beginning finished goods inventory of $13,400?
15) Assume that Job P includes 25 units that each sell for $4,000 and that the company’s selling and administrative expenses in March were $10,500. Prepare an absorption costing income statement for March.